The Cubs are flying high after a dramatic win yesterday in Colorado thanks to Dexter Fowler‘s two-out, two-strike bomb. Waiting for the Cubs at Wrigley Field is a Reds team that was feeling the same way heading into this past weekend, not so much now. The Reds beat the Cardinals on Friday to push their record to 4-0 on the season but lost the last two games of said series. It’s still been a solid start for the Reds as they have thrown the ball well, and been able to get big hits when needed. The Cubs have a great opportunity to get a bit of a winning streak going as they will turn to Lester and Arrieta in games one and two of the series.
- Monday, April 13, 2015 – 7:05 PM CST – CSN+ (Channel Finder)
- Tuesday, April 14, 2015 – 7:05 PM CST – CSN Chicago
- Wednesday, April 15, 2015 – 7:05 PM CST – WPWR
- Game One: Jon Lester (0-1, 6.23) vs. Mike Leake (0-0, 4.76)
- Game Two: Jake Arrieta (1-0, 0.00) vs. Anthony DeSclafani (0-0, 3.00)
- Game Three: Travis Wood (0-1, 5.79) vs. Jason Marquis (0-0, 4.50)
Who is Hot:
- Reds: It appears that Joey Votto has once again found his power stroke, the Reds’ first baseman has blasted three dingers so far this season. He is hitting .333 (8-for-24) on the season with said three homers, eight RBI’s, four walks, and two stolen bases.
- Cubs: Dexter Fowler had a rough first few games in a Cubs uniform, but he put that well behind him over the last two games. Fowler had a monster series in Colorado, registering two triples, and a monster home run to give the Cubs a comeback win yesterday. On the season he’s hitting .238 (5-for-21) with a double, two triples, a home run, four RBI’s, two walks, and a stolen base. He fills up the box score.
Who is Not:
- Reds: After a breakout year last year, Devin Mesoraco is having a rough start to the season. Mesoraco is hitting just .095 (2-for-21) on the season, with five strikeouts, he can stay in that slump until about Friday of this week.
- Cubs: It’s been a rough go of it for Arismendy Alcantara as far as getting hits, he has none. He has been having really good plate appearances though, he’s just struggling to find that first hit of the 2015 season (0-for-12).