At the plate – Arismendy Alcantara was a one man wrecking crew in this one as he went 3-for-4 with four RBI’s, and a walk. Christian Villanueva was 2-for-4 with a run scored in the win. Villanueva was part of a group of hitters at the bottom of the lineup that got the job done in this one. The Smokies five through nine hitters were a combined 7-for-17 with two walks, three RBI’s, and eight runs scored. John Andreoli was 1-for-2 with a walk, his eighth stolen base of the year, an RBI, and three runs scored. Rafael Lopez was outstanding going 2-for-3 with a double, two RBI’s, a walk, and two runs scored.
On the mound – Dae-Eun Rhee was magnificent in picking up his third win of the season against no losses. Rhee worked 6.1 innings giving up two runs on two hits while walking one and striking out five. Hunter Cervenka was touched up a bit as he worked two-thirds of an inning giving up one run on two hits while walking one. Frank Batista was great in closing this one out, he worked two innings giving up one run, unearned, on no hits (what?) while walking one and striking out one.
- Iowa Cubs: Logan Watkins was 2-for-4 with his eighteenth double of the season, and a run scored
- Iowa Cubs: Ty Wright was 2-for-4 with his third home run of the season, two RBI’s, and a run scored.
- Iowa Cubs: Darnell McDonald was 2-for-3 with a double, and a walk in the loss.
- Daytona Cubs: Zeke DeVoss was the lone offense for Daytona, he went 3-for-4 with two doubles.
- Kane County Cougars: Dan Vogelbach was 1-for-4 with his sixteenth home run of the season, an RBI, and a run scored.
- Boise Hawks: Kris Bryant was 1-for-4 with his second double of the season, a walk, an RBI, and a run scored.
- Boise Hawks: Tyler Skulina worked three scoreless innings giving up two hits while striking out two.
Notes: AZL Cubs were off, and Tyler Skulina was promoted to Kane County this morning (2013 – 4th round pick).