This series worries me, only because the Brewers have been bad all year, and they are bound to start playing some better baseball. It’s a new test for the Cubs as good teams are immune, usually, from playing down to their competition. Based on how these teams have played so far you would think that the Cubs would have an easy go of it, that’s why they play the games of course. The Cubs are coming into this series winners in six of their last ten, and just two games behind the Cardinals for first place in the Central. Conversely the Brewers have won just three times in their last ten, and are already ten games back of first in the Central.
- Friday, May 1, 2015 – 1:20 PM CST – CSN Chicago / MLB Network
- Saturday, May 2, 2015 – 1:20 PM CST – CSN Chicago
- Sunday, May 3, 2015 – 1:20 PM CST – WGN TV
- Game One: Wily Peralta (0-3, 5.79) vs. Jon Lester (0-2, 6.23)
- Game Two: Mike Fiers (0-3, 5.79) vs. Jake Arrieta (3-1, 2.03)
- Game Three: Jimmy Nelson (1-2, 4.03) vs. Jason Hammel (2-1, 3.55)
Who is Hot:
- Brewers: Apparently Adam Lind is making the most of his regular playing time in Milwaukee. The slugging first baseman is hitting .444 (12-for-27) in his last seven games with two doubles, three dingers, and six RBI’s.
- Cubs: It really doesn’t seem like Dexter Fowler has struggled at all this year because of his ability to get on base, but now he is red hot. Fowler is hitting .450 (9-for-20) over his last five games with one double, two RBI’s, and a walk.
Who is Not:
- Brewers: The Brewers have been bitten by the injury bug so they are having to rely on players they normally wouldn’t, one of those guys is Logan Schafer. Schafer is really struggling as he is hitting .200 (4-for-20) over his last seven games with one walk, and six strikeouts.
- Cubs: It seems as though teams have found Jorge Soler‘s swing and miss, it’s the weather. Of course I’m not blaming the weather on his struggles, but he is cold, literally. Over his last six games, Soler is hitting .091 (2-for-22) with twelve strikeouts.
** Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL **
Tuesday, April 8, 2014 – 7:05 PM CST
(TV: CSN) (RADIO: WGN 720)
Wednesday, April 9, 2014 – 7:05 PM CST
(TV: WGN) (RADIO: WGN 720)
Thursday, April 10, 2014 – 1:20 PM CST
(TV: WGN, MLBN) (RADIO: WGN 720)
** SERIES VITALS **
** PITCHING MATCHUPS **
Morton (Career vs. Cubs) (2 – 4; 4.36 ERA, 10 appearance, 10 starts)
Jackson (Career vs. Pirates) (3 – 3; 5.36 ERA, 8 appearances, 8 starts)
Rodriguez (Career vs. Cubs) (9 – 8; 3.63 ERA, 25 appearances, 25 starts)
Hammel (Career vs. Pirates) (3 – 1; 3.62 ERA, 5 appearances, 4 starts)
Cole (Career vs. Cubs) (2 – 0; 2.08 ERA, 2 appearances, 2 starts)
Wood (Career vs. Pirates) (4 – 5; 3.35 ERA, 10 appearances, 9 starts)
St. Louis wins the series 2 – 1.
Full recap after the jump