Two games in five days so far for the Cubs as the descend upon Coors Field for a three game set with the Rockies this weekend. The Rockies spent their first week in baseball embarrassing the Brewers pitching staff to the tune of twenty(!) runs in three games, good for a sweep. By comparison the Cubs have scored just twice this season, but they have only given up three while splitting a rain shortened series with the Cardinals. The weather is actually supposed to be pretty nice in Colorado, and I would expect that translates to a few more runs being scored, hopefully by the Cubs.
- Friday, April 10, 2015 – 3:10 PM CST – WGN TV (Local 9)
- Saturday, April 11, 2015 – 7:10 PM CST – CSN+ (Channel Finder)
- Sunday, April 12, 2015 – 3:10 PM CST – WGN TV (Local 9)
- Game One: Travis Wood (0-0, 0.00) vs. Tyler Matzek (0-0, 0.00)
- Game Two: Jason Hammel (0-0, 0.00) vs. Kyle Kendrick (1-0, 0.00)
- Game Three: Kyle Hendricks (0-0, 0.00) vs. Jordan Lyles (1-0, 3.00)
Who is Hot:
- Rockies: All of them? Seven regulars are hitting over .385 on the season, and they started on the road. Nolan Arenado is picking up where he left off last year, he’s hitting .462 (6-for-13) with three doubles, a dinger, and five RBI’s. Corey Dickerson is not impressed, all he has done is hit .417 (5-for-12) with two doubles, two dingers, and has six RBI’s so far this season.
- Cubs: I’m not going to talk about anyone that has to use a bat regularly here. It’s the Cubs pen, they have been brilliant so far, they have yet to allow an earned run in 6.2 innings, and have only allowed three hits.
Who is Not:
- Rockies: I found someone! Justin Morneau is one of just a couple of guys not to join the party so far. Morneau is hitting .077 (1-for-13) in the early going, he’s only struck out once so he appears to be a victim of BABIP (Batting average on balls in play).
- Cubs: The whole offense, the Cubs are hitting .125 (7-for-56) as a team, and have walked just three times while striking out 23 times. It’s super early, and the conditions were not great for hitting, so I’m not worried, yet.